254SMO is an austenitic stainless steel. Due to its high molybdenum content, it has very high resistance to spot corrosion and [TJC STEEL]crevice corrosion. This grade of stainless steel was developed for use in halogenated environments such as seawater.
Melting point 1320 ℃
Hardness 182-223 (HB)
254SMO also has good resistance to uniform corrosion. Especially in acids containing halides, the steel is superior to[TJC STEEL] ordinary stainless steel. Its C content is <0.03%, so it is called pure austenitic stainless steel (<0.01% is also called super austenitic stainless steel). Super stainless steel is a kind of special stainless steel, first of all, different from ordinary stainless steel in chemical composition, it refers to a high-alloy stainless steel containing high nickel, high chromium, high molybdenum. One of the more famous is the 254SMo containing 6%Mo, this kind of steel has very good local corrosion resistance, in seawater, inflation, there are gaps, low speed erosion conditions, has good pitting resistance (PI≥40) and better stress corrosion resistance, is a substitute material for Ni-based [TJC STEEL]alloys and titanium alloys. Secondly, in the performance of high temperature or corrosion resistance, it has more excellent high temperature or corrosion resistance, and is irreplaceable in 304 stainless steel. In addition, from the classification of stainless steel, the metallographic structure of special stainless steel is a stable austenitic metallographic structure.
Because this special stainless steel is a high-alloy material, it is quite complex in the manufacturing process, and generally people can only rely on traditional processes to manufacture this special stainless steel, such as perfusion, forging, calendering and so on.
Main Ingredients: 254SMO carbon (C) 0.02 or less, manganese (Mn) of 1.00 or less, nickel (Ni) 17.5 ~ 18.5, silicon (Si) of 0.8 or[TJC STEEL] less phosphorus (P) of 0.03 or less, sulfur (S) of 0.01 or less, chromium (Cr) 19.5 ~ 20.5, copper (Cu) 0.5 ~ 1.0, molybdenum (Mo) 6.0 ~ 6.5
National Standards: UNS S31254, DIN/EN 1.4547, ASTM A280, ASME SA-240
Welding materials: ERNICRMIO-3 wire, ENICRMIO-3 electrode
1. Ocean: Marine structures in the[TJC STEEL] Marine environment, seawater desalination, mariculture, seawater heat exchange, etc.
2. Environmental protection: flue gas desulfurization equipment for thermal power generation, wastewater treatment, etc.
3. Energy field: nuclear power generation, comprehensive utilization of coal, tidal power generation, etc.
4. Petrochemical field: oil refining, [TJC STEEL]chemical equipment, etc.
5. Food field: salt production, soy sauce brewing, etc.
6. High concentration chloride ion environment: paper industry, various bleaching devices
High Temperature Resistance
1. A large number of field experiments and extensive use experience show that even at slightly higher temperatures, 254SMO[TJC STEEL] also has a high resistance to crevices corrosion in seawater, and only a few types of stainless steel have this performance.
2. The corrosion resistance of 254SMO in acidic and oxidizing halide solutions such as those required for paper bleaching production is comparable to that of the strongest nickel-based alloys and titanium alloys.
3. Due to the high nitrogen content of 254SMO, its mechanical strength is higher than that of other types of austenitic stainless steel. In addition, 254SMO has high ductility and impact strength, as well as good weldability.
4. The high molybdenum content of 254SMO allows it to have a higher oxidation rate in annealing, so that it has a rougher surface than ordinary stainless steel after pickling. However, this has no adverse effect[TJC STEEL] on the corrosion resistance of the steel.
C 0.02 or less
Mn 1.0 or less
P 0.040 or less
S 0.030 or less
Cr 19.5-20.5 [TJC STEEL]
Ce: 0.03 to 0.08
TJC Steel News Center
Company News, Market News and Order Cases About TJC Steel.